•Excellent low-end torque and over-rev!
• No compromise power delivery
• No plates to warp, Precision, consistent operation
• Hits as hard at the end of a moto as it does on Lap 1. Freewheels for faster cornering and easier starting.
• Mechanical spring for consistent operation. ‘Right Sized’ for a small chassis. Fully adjustable cartridge design.
• Inspires confidence over rough terrain
• Compression (high & low speed) Adjustment
• Tunable for the rider. No-Fade performance throughout the race
• Air filter is mounted in airbox, not on top of air box. More surface area, More protection from dirt
• Dirt or water that enters airbox cannot make its way into the engine. More power (especially in long motos and dusty off-road events)
• Improved breathing. Large pre-carburetor volume greatly improves throttle response
• Power when you need it!
• Stronger, Lighter Wheels
• Reduced maintenance, improved acceleration and traction over rough terrain.
• Spreads the clamp load out over a larger area of the fork upper tube
• Improved fork action
• Strongest in class
• Never DNF from a slipping rear axle again!
• Best overall combination of torsional flexibility and lateral stiffness
• Excellent straight-line stability and cornering feel – inspires confidence – reduces lap times
• Allows some slip between the crank and rear wheel
• Longer driveline life (crank, transmission, clutch, chain) and improved drive through rough choppy terrain
• Linear rising rate without a link! Reduced weight, and friction
• Supple over small bumps for good traction…Absorbs big hits for aggressive riding.
NEW! Forged Aircraft Grade Aluminum Triple Clamps – All of our 50cc models receive new clamps for 2019. These clamps are lighter, impart less force onto the fork tubes for improved suspension action, and they provide a clamping feature onto the steering stem for improved steering feel.
NEW! Frame Head Tube and Steering Stem – A thinner wall head tube and a 7075-T6 Aluminum steering stem work together to reduce weight and centralize mass.
NEW! Dunlop Geomax MX33 Intermediate-Terrain Tires – Dunlop is at it again. For 2019 they have introduced the completely re-engineered Geomax MX33. Enhanced grip, improved slide control, and a larger contact patch with the ground all add up to reduced lap times. No corners cut here!
IMPROVED! Front Brakes – Further refinements on the CARD front brake system include a more powerful 9.5mm master cylinder piston, improved master cylinder bore finish for better brake feel, and a thinner, more ergonomic brake lever to better fit small hands.
IMPROVED! Lightweight Fasteners – Several fasteners have been re-engineered from aircraft grade 7075-T6 Aluminium for even more weight savings.
Venom Series Engine – The 2019 King 50 is powered by Cobra’s Venom Series 50cc powerplant. This thing rips! Cobra engineers designed a ‘no-compromise’ torque curve featuring massive amounts of low-end torque for launching off the gate and out of corners, this in addition to Cobra’s classic over-rev that provides that ‘2nd gear’ for wide open situations. This little beast offers more power, more torque, less weight and a smaller, lighter package.
Micro Handle Bars – Cobra is proud to offer Pro-Taper’s innovative Micro Handlebars across our 50cc lineup. These bars will revolutionize the way that young riders control their motorcycles by offering a reduced diameter grip area that inspires confidence and reduced fatigue.
Bel-Ray Factory Fill – Cobra and Bel-Ray, two proud American companies with a long history in motocross, have teamed up to ensure that each Cobra model comes from the factory with the finest in lubricants and chemicals. This includes everything from wheel bearing grease, to brake fluid, to suspension fluid, to the oil on the air filter.
5Gx Freewheeling Clutch – Precision engagement, durable, freewheels for increased corner speed and easier starting.
Revolutionary MXT “Smart Leg” Front Fork – Cobra’s exclusive 32mm USD CARD cartridge fork is the finest fork in minicycle racing! The Smart architecture simultaneously provides supple action over small bumps, and progressive control through the biggest of hits…A feature especially important for minicycles that run on tracks torn up by bikes twice their size! This fork also features fully adjustable rebound and compression damping and bottoming control adjustment not found on any other fork of any size!
Class-leading Twin Spar High-Strength Low-Alloy Oval Tube Frame – Super-strong, outstanding lateral strength with just the right amount of torsional rigidity.
Off-plane Tuned Expansion Chamber – Packages tight, features D-shaped header for minimal flow losses.
Cobra revolutionized the motocross world in the early 1990s with the introduction of the first true race-ready 50cc motocross bike. Over the past two decades, the King 50 has kicked off the careers of many of the world’s top racers including Davi Millsaps, Brock Tickle, Darryn Durham, Blake Baggett, Nico Izzy, and Eli Tomac not to mention up-and-comers such as Adam Cianciarulo, Cooper Web, and Thomas Covington. For 2013, the King 50 receives dozens of refinements that will ensure it retains its spot as the bike that launches successful careers. To start things off, the 2013 model gets a refined version of its ground-breaking ‘Smart Leg’ front fork which allows the bike to simultaneously track through small bumps while being able to absorb the biggest of hits without a whimper. In the engine department, a revised pipe improves bottom-end grunt, and of course our patented Cobra Friction Drive (CFD) protects critical driveline components while at the same time improves rear wheel tracking ability. Furthermore, the rear shock gets improved bottoming capabilities, and as always the King comes equipped with super-light and super-strong mag wheels. All this (and more!) will make the 2013 Cobra King 50 the dominate senior-class mini for next year!
Suspension is valved exclusively for the rider’s size and skill level.
Lighter Springs (Less than 51lbs)
Heavier Springs (Greater than 60lbs)
(Colors: Black, Blue, or Red)
Anodized Parts Package
(Colors: Black, Blue, Red, or Dark Bronze)
Oil Fill Plug
(Colors: Blue or Red)
Silicone Radiator Hose Upgrade
(Colors: Black or White)
Graphic Package Upgrade
Full coverage – Shrouds, Fenders, and Number Plate Backgrounds
Include Name, Number, and Country Flag