• Excellent low-end torque and over-rev!
• No compromise power delivery
• No plates to warp, Precision, consistent operation
• Hits as hard at the end of a moto as it does on Lap 1. Freewheels for faster cornering and easier starting.
• Mechanical spring for consistent operation. ‘Right Sized’ for a small chassis. Fully adjustable cartridge design.
• Inspires confidence over rough terrain
• Compression (high & low speed) Adjustment
• Tunable for the rider. No-Fade performance throughout the race
• Air filter is mounted in airbox, not on top of air box. More surface area, More protection from dirt
• Dirt or water that enters airbox cannot make its way into the engine. More power (especially in long motos and dusty off-road events)
• Improved breathing. Large pre-carburetor volume greatly improves throttle response
• Power when you need it!
• Stronger, Lighter Wheels
• Reduced maintenance, improved acceleration and traction over rough terrain.
• Spreads the clamp load out over a larger area of the fork upper tube
• Improved fork action
• Strongest in class
• Never DNF from a slipping rear axle again!
• Longest travel suspension in its class by over an inch
• Absorbs the pounding of rough terrain for better lap time and a less fatiguing ride.
• Allows some slip between the crank and rear wheel
• Longer driveline life (crank, transmission, clutch, chain) and improved drive through rough choppy terrain
• Linear rising rate without a link! Reduced weight, and friction
• Supple over small bumps for good traction…Absorbs big hits for aggressive riding.
• Easy to maintain.
• No need to remove bodywork or purchase special tools to change a plug or jet the carb!
NEW! Forged Aircraft Grade Aluminum Triple Clamps – All of our 50cc models receive new clamps for 2019. These clamps are lighter, impart less force onto the fork tubes for improved suspension action, and they provide a clamping feature onto the steering stem for improved steering feel.
NEW! Frame Head Tube and Steering Stem – A thinner wall head tube and a 7075-T6 Aluminum steering stem work together to reduce weight and centralize mass.
NEW! Dunlop Geomax MX33 Intermediate-Terrain Tires – Dunlop is at it again. For 2019 they have introduced the completely re-engineered Geomax MX33. Enhanced grip, improved slide control, and a larger contact patch with the ground all add up to reduced lap times. No corners cut here!
IMPROVED! Front Brakes – Further refinements on the CARD front brake system include a more powerful 9.5mm master cylinder piston, improved master cylinder bore finish for better brake feel, and a thinner, more ergonomic brake lever to better fit small hands.
IMPROVED! Coil Mounting – The ignition coil is now moved further away from the engine to keep the critical electronic components cooler.
IMPROVED! Air Box – A reshaped airbox opening allows easier installation of the air filter.
IMPROVED! Lightweight Fasteners – Several fasteners have been re-engineered from aircraft grade 7075-T6 Aluminium for even more weight savings.
Venom Series Engine – Both the P3 and JR are powered by Cobra’s Venom Series 50cc powerplant. This thing rips! Cobra engineers designed a ‘no-compromise’ torque curve featuring massive amounts of low-end torque for launching off the gate and out of corners, this in addition to Cobra’s classic over-rev that provides that ‘2nd gear’ for wide open situations. This little beast offers more power, more torque, less weight and a smaller, lighter package.
Micro Handle Bars – Cobra is proud to offer Pro-Taper’s innovative Micro Handlebars across our 50cc lineup. These bars will revolutionize the way that young riders control their motorcycles by offering a reduced diameter grip area that inspires confidence and reduced fatigue.
Bel-Ray Factory Fill – Cobra and Bel-Ray, two proud American companies with a long history in motocross, have teamed up to ensure that each Cobra model comes from the factory with the finest in lubricants and chemicals. This includes everything from wheel bearing grease, to brake fluid, to suspension fluid, to the oil on the air filter.
5Gx Freewheeling Clutch – Precision engagement, durable, freewheels for increased corner speed and easier starting.
The Cobra CX50JR’s record remains firmly in tact…With Ryder DiFrancesco’s win in 2012 (the only five-year-old to ever win the title) the Loretta Lynn’s championship run for this little machine was extended to 17 straight years. Cobra has refined its littlest racer for 2013, making it more reliable, better suspended, and easier to ride.
Suspension is valved exclusively for the rider’s size and skill level.
Lighter Springs (Less than 51lbs)
Heavier Springs (Greater than 60lbs)
(Colors: Black, Blue, or Red)
Anodized Parts Package
(Colors: Black, Blue, Red, or Dark Bronze)
Oil Fill Plug
(Colors: Blue or Red)
Silicone Radiator Hose Upgrade
(Colors: Black or White)
Graphic Package Upgrade
Full coverage – Shrouds, Fenders, and Number Plate Backgrounds
Include Name, Number, and Country Flag
(King style shown)